Addon domains allow you to control multiple domains from a single account. An addon domain links a new domain name to a directory in your account, and then stores its files in that directory.
Create an addon domain
To create an addon domain, perform the following steps:
- Enter the new addon domain’s name in the New Domain Name text box. When you enter the domain name, cPanel automatically populates the Subdomain and Document Root text boxes.
- To create multiple addon domains with the same username and different extensions (for example, example.com and example.net ), manually enter a unique username in the Subdomain text box.
- To choose a document root other than the automatically populated value, manually enter the directory name in the Document Root text box.
- To create an FTP account for the new addon domain, select the Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain checkbox. If you select this checkbox, additional settings will appear:
- cPanel automatically populates the FTP Username text box. To select a different FTP account username, manually enter the desired username.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- The system evaluates the password that you enter on a scale of 100 points. 0 indicates a weak password, while 100 indicates a very secure password.
- Some web hosts require a minimum password strength. A green password Strength meter indicates that the password is equal to or greater than the required password strength
- Click Password Generator to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password & Security documentation
- Click Add Domain.